Monday, September 26, 2011

Seasoned Pretzels

A friend of mine brought a container of these naughty little snacks to work one day and I've been hooked ever since. The original recipe is for crackers but by substituting in pretzels the spicy seasoning and salty pretzel gives your taste buds a kick in the right direction. Try the recipe both ways and see which one leaves you begging for more. :) Game day will never be the same!


Ingredients
2 bags of pretzels (12-15 oz) or 1 box of saltine crackers 
1 cup of canola or vegetable oil (may add 1-2 extra tablespoons of oil if the pretzel bags are 15oz)
1 package of dry ranch dressing (Hidden Valley Ranch is the best!)
1/4 cup crushed red peppers (more or less--depending upon how spicy you like your food/snacks)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder


Directions
Open bags of pretzels or crackers and pour them into a restaurant size bowl or jar. (If you have ever seen what a large, glass sun tea jar is--that's the size you need) The bowl or jar must have a lid. Mix oil, dry ranch dressing, red peppers, pepper, and garlic in a tall cup for a minute. Pour oil seasoning mix over the top of the pretzels or crackers. Place lid on bowl or jar and rotate the snacks clockwise for about a minute. Let sit for several minutes, then rotate the snacks again. Do this several more times until it looks as if all the pretzels or crackers have the oil seasoning mix covering them.
If using pretzels, after seasoning them, place the pretzels on a large cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 225 degrees for at least 15 minutes. Let cool.
If using crackers, you're done. :)


Tip
Be creative with your spices. You never know, you may just create a flavor your friends will knock down your door to get. :) Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. My cousin brings these to all of our family gatherings and they are extremely addictive! They are easy to make and taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really good! I don't like making things very often that take a long time, but these seem pretty simple. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are easy to make and so additive. I almost have to give them all away just so I don't eat both bags. Lol. If either of you make this recipe and add different spices to it that make your mouth want more, please share it with me and others. I'm always up for new ideas. :) Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe sounds easy enough to follow, I might have to try it out. Ever since I took a class in high school I found out im not every good at following recipes. I'm an alright cook but I just don't know what it is about recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have recently been introduced to the world of seasoned pretzels. I've tried Ranch pretzels and "Beer" Pretzels both were amazing and truly addictive. I will definitely have to try this recipe out and will let you know how this experience goes. (blogcedz.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete