Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Easy Bagel Sandwich

Recently, I have been craving the flavor of New York Bagel Cafe. Oh delish!! When I use to live in California I would catch a bus to the Capitola Mall just to get me a sandwich. They have dozens of flavored bagels, as well as dozens more flavors of cream cheese. It's like a bagel/cream cheese heaven. My cravings for these sandwiches has prompted me to post this recipe. It's the simpliest recipe I will ever post on here, but it is so delicious. Try it! :) Let me know what things you added to your bagel to make it irresistable.

Ingredients
1 bagel cut in half (pre-sliced is the easiest)
Any flavor of cream cheese (I love salmon or chives and onions. Mmmmmm!)
Any lunch meat, veggie, extra cheese, or even a fried egg.

Directions
Toast your cut bagel in a toaster until it is light brown. Try not to over cook your bagel because you want it slightly soft, like homemade bread. Once the two slices of bagel are toasted wait a minute before adding the cream cheese. Trust me, I've learned to wait. Bagels are hot! Apply as much cream cheese as you like, but not so much that it smooshes out the side when you try to eat it. Now, apply your goodies and enjoy.

Since I don't eat meat, my personal favorite edibles on a bagel are bean sprouts, avocado, lettuce, and sometimes a tomato. Oh my gosh it's good! My personal favorite bagel is jalapeno. Spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment